Pick of the crop
by Rhiannon James
Pair of stackable wooden apple trays, £39.99 from Crocus, www.crocus.co.uk
Make the most of autumn’s fruitfulness with this selection of tools and accessories for picking, storing and feasting.
Picking’s easy-peasy with these handy tools.
1. Apple picker, £10 from Garden Trading, www.gardentrading.co.uk
2. Harvest basket, €26.20 from Botanique Éditions, www.botaniqueeditions.com
3. Wire harvest baskets, small £14.95, medium £17.95 and large £20.95 from Garden Boutique, www.gardenboutique.co.uk
4. Kitchen scissors by Hay, £5, available in December from SCP, www.scp.co.uk
5. Potato harvesting scoop, £14.95 from Burgon & Ball, www.burgonandball.com
6. Vegetable harvesting knife, £9.95 from Burgon & Ball, www.burgonandball.com
7. Apple Wizard for collecting windfall apples, £49.99 from Crocus, www.crocus.co.uk
Store your surplus in style and you’ll have produce aplenty to see you through the cold months to come.
1. Wire basket, £10, available in November from RE, www.re-foundobjects.com
2. Arbre d’hiver, €70 from Botanique Éditions, www.botaniqueeditions.com
3. Half-size hessian potato sacks for easy lifting and storing, £1.50 each from Nutley’s Kitchen Gardens, www.nutleyskitchengardens.co.uk
4. Four-drawer apple store, £125 from Garden Trading, www.gardentrading.co.uk
5. Vintage crates, £20 each from Hen & Hammock, www.henandhammock.co.uk
Turn the fruits of your labour into a feast with these nifty kitchen gadgets and accessories.
1. Glass storage / preserving jar (1 litre), £3.50 from Heal’s, www.heals.co.uk
2. Wooden toffee apple sticks, £4.95 from Burgon & Ball, www.burgonandball.com
3. Maslin pan, £60, aluminium jam funnel, £5, long-handled jam spoon £4.50 and jam thermometer, £6.50 from John Lewis www.johnlewis.com
4. Herb dryer, £25 from Nether Wallop Trading Co, www.netherwalloptrading.com
5. Apple master for peeling, coring and slicing apples, £14.29 from Lakeland, www.lakeland.co.uk
6. 12 litre spindle grape and fruit press, £159.95 from Harrod Horticultural, www.harrodhorticultural.com
7. Opinel mushroom knife and brush, £25 from Divertimenti, www.divertimenti.co.uk
8. Chestnut roaster, £30 from Hen & Hammock, www.henandhammock.co.uk
1. Veggichop hand-powered blender, £19.99 from Firebox.com, www.firebox.com
2. Apple cooker gift set, £19.99 from Lakeland, www.lakeland.co.uk
3. Palm peeler, £4.60 from Divertimenti, www.divertimenti.co.uk
4. Presso storage jar (1 litre), £13.50 from Bodum, www.bodum.com
5. Bistro electric juicer, £55 from Bodum, www.bodum.com
6. Takeya fruit infusion jug, £24.99 from Firebox.com, www.firebox.com